Sunday 31 October 2010

New Start!

Firstly, Happy Halloween.

I had a new start this week thanks to Facebook and the serial starters SAL - who can resist the temptation of a new start. I started Vervaco's Lady in Blue this week as I can't continue with my Poppy until the thread hopefully arrives from Lanarte.

This is my progress so far and hopefully what it will look like when it is finished:-



I have to say that I am loving stitching this so far and so am going to continue with it for the foreseeable future ie until I get bored with it lol. So hope you don't all get bored while I am a one project girl. I didn't even stitch on Row of Love on UFO night - but I will this week I promise.

I have had a few days off this week with my boys as it has been half term. Unfortunately the weather hasn't been that kind to us but I did take them swimming on Thursday. Then on Friday we spent the day with my parents who took us out to lunch which was lovely. They both had sleepovers this weekend, my eldest son spent two days at a friends house and my youngest had a friend spend Saturday night with us so a good time was had by all. I will know doubt pay for it sometime next week when they will both be grouchy due to lack of sleep lol.

It was reveal day today on the Stitch and Stash forum for the monthly stitching challenge. I have stitched this piece but have not finish finished it yet and I can't see it happening at the moment. I have to be in the mood for finishing so when the mood grabs me I will post a picture.

Until next time, happy stitching.

Lesleyanne xx

13 comments:

Belinda said...

Great progress on your new start, she is looking lovely. It's always fun starting something new.

Jane said...

Lady in Blue looks quite a challenge but going by your beautiful Poppy stitch I know you'll cope.
Half-Term seemed to come and go very quickly but like you our weather was unkind so a little limited to activities - peace and quiet again today and perhaps a little stitchy time!!!
xxx

Julie said...

A nice new start Lesleyanne, its going to be a really lovely project to watch grow over the coming weeks.

Mr Stick will be on the look out for an update of the UFO this week then..... LOL :-)

Lainey said...

Your new start is beautiful Lesleyanne!

Karan said...

Sounds like you all enjoyed half term. Now that's a gorgeous new start.. won't get bored of seeing the updates. I have to be in the right mood for doing finishing too... unfortunately the mood doesn't take me very often. LOL

Carol said...

Stunning new start, Lesleyanne! I've never seen that one before... I'm sure you'll enjoy stitching this one :)

Sally said...

A lovely new start Lesleyanne.

Looking forward to seeing your S&S challenge piece.

LisaG said...

A great start to your new start Lesleyanne, look forward to seeing it grow.

BeckySC said...

WOW!!!! This is going to be amazing!!
Thanks for visiting my blog :)

Tracey said...

Thankyou For your comment on my blog,

You know i do think FaceBook has helped me get more stitching done too, Its nice to spend time on blog land too,

Have a great week,
Tracey
x

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

You have a wonderful blog and I am glad I found it.
Be always in stitches.

Lisa said...

What a lovely new start, not seen this design before but it's lovely.
You sound like me for finishing, I now have ABC Christmas and Sock Monkey I need to finish before the xmas decs go up, and just the thought is enough to put me off lol.

Ginnie said...

Love your new piece, it'll be so pretty. I am a serial starter too, there is such a buzz from picking what to do, sorting the thread and fabric and making those first few stitches!!