Monday 12 July 2010

Peppermint Twist Progress!



This is my progress for my Blue Ribbon's Peppermint Twist. I will have to finish it now as I have put the year in as 2010. I was going to leave this until the end but decided to go for it. I would have liked to have more done but the white thread is not showing up as well as I would like so I am going to buy some B5200 which I think is a bit brighter. The white shows up okay next to another colour but not when it's on its own.

This week I am going to work on All Our Yesterdays The Lighthouse. I might carry on with this until it is finished as there is not that much left to do.

I am not sure how much stitching will get done this weekend as we are going out for a family meal on Tuesday for my son's 12th birthday. I can't believe he is twelve already (on Sunday 11th July).

Hope everyone has a lovely week and gets lot of stitching done. It supposed to be a bit cooler here this week and we might even get some rain which will be good for the gardens.

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment I really do appreciate them.

Happy Stitching, Lesleyanne

14 comments:

Lainey said...

PT is looking fab but I know what you mean about white on white, it can be a pain.
Look forward to seeing the lighthouse.
Hope you son has a lovely birthday!

Anonymous said...

Lovely progres, this is such a nice design.

Mylene said...

Peppermint Twist is coming along great.

Happy happy birthday to your son. I hope he has a wonderful day!

Carin said...

The peppermint twist looks great !

Julie said...

PT is looking great.
Happy Birthday to your son, enjoy your meal.

LisaG said...

Thats coming along really nicely & a great design too... I love xmas designs :-)

Justflo said...

Looks lovely. Great progress.

Angela said...

Great progress, I love this chart! It will look lovely when finished :)

Sally said...

Lovely progress on PT.

Happy Birthday to your son. Hope you had a lovely meal.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Peppermint Twist is looking good. If you still have some trouble with the white standing out on its own try a little BS in light grey.

Oooh I hope you HD soon! Can't wait.

Happy B-Day to your son!

Carol said...

Wonderful progress on Peppermint Twist, Lesleyanne! Doesn't that drive you crazy when the white doesn't show up well? I hope the B5200 works out better for you...

Happy 12th birthday to your son :)

Michelle said...

Lovely design Lesleyanne. Michelle xx

stitcherw said...

Peppermint Twist is such a fun one, I'm pretty sure this is buried in my stash to do at some point. Hope the B5200 works better for you, sometimes it is so difficult to get the whites to stand out the way you want them too. I've added a bit of glissen gloss to the top on some projects help. Happy birthday to your son.
Sue

Karan said...

Belated Happy Birthday wishes for your DS - hope he had a lovely day. PT is looking good - how the colour change helps. :0)